08 Feb How To Write A Good Dissertation Paper
You will write a dissertation at a very vital stage in the journey of your education. This paper is written to showcase your capacity and skills in conducting research and present the results through a piece of content.
The following steps guide you through in the right direction in writing your dissertation paper.
1. Write a winning proposal: This is a proposal to persuade the committee members that you are ready to commit to complex and interesting questions. It is a shorter paper as compared to the final dissertation but it plays a key role because this is when you will formulate questions and set up a framework for writing paper. Sometimes this proposal is not compulsory in college education but it is crucial to write it and discuss the ideas with your mentor. Are you wondering how to write a proposal? Here are the main points to consider.
Choose the theme and title
– Which problems is your project going to solve?
– Why is it crucial to find a solution?
– How are you going to research to get answers?
Structure of your proposal
For your proposal to convince the reader, it must have easy to follow and a clean format. Include the following points in your proposal.
– Objectives: It is important to have up to three ideas.
– Literature: You will need to mention schools of thought, areas of study and other references you will use when conducting your research.
2. Conduct a research: Ideally, this stage will determine the development of your work. It must be effective and methodical since you don’t want to waste your precious time researching irrelevant resources.
3. Write an astonishing dissertation: This is the most important stage in your writing process. This is where you will compose the actual project, the final product of your efforts. Surprisingly, most students lack confidence at this stage. It is very simple if you have a plan.
4. Proofread and edit the dissertation: After completing your draft, take time and relax before you start editing your work. Rest for some few days in between the writing and editing. When you come back you will be in a position to identify most of the errors.
• Start by editing: In editing, you will focus on the essence of your dissertation. You must start editing first before you commence proofreading. Be attentive to the connection between each idea. If there are gaps of information fill them with details you collected when researching.
• Proofread: At this point, you will focus on paper form. Check for spelling, style and grammar errors. Read sentence by sentence and in case of any doubt refer to a dictionary.
5. Get feedback: Before you think of submitting your project, seek feedback from your friends who are experts in this discipline. From there you can discuss it with your mentor who will point out the weak points. He will advise you how you can correct those serious mistakes before you present your dissertation.
In conclusion, dissertation writing is a big challenge for many students. Not all students are comfortable coping with it. But you need to keep in mind you have to struggle and there is no way to go backward but to go forward. Tackle your project wisely stage by stage and finally, you will complete this vital paper in your education journey.